Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bweep dee bweeple de tee deedle diddle bwoop bwop beep

Okay, so I'm stuck in the Reno airport, biding my time because my connection flight is delayed due to weather, wild fires, and ATC issues in California. I can deal with that. Such things happen, and the flight will eventually take off.

In the RNO airport, the machines (not really properly slot machines anymore, for what little that's worth) are ubiquitous. The "Wheel of Fortune" machine in particular is everywhere. I don't mind (too much) that I'm stuck in the airport waiting to finish my trip. However, the CONSTANT electronic beeps, blips, twiddles, twaddles, etc. are about to drive me around the bend. As if that weren't enough, about every minute a chorus of electronic voices shouts:

WHEEL OF FORTUUUUUUNNNNE!!!!!

"No T, Pat? Okay, I'd like to buy a SHUT UP, please."

*rant off*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home